Our Family

"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."
-Alma 37:6

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

24th weekend

The kids wanted to go to the Beach for the Holiday weekend so we took a little road trip and went to Lake Powell. We had lots of fun playing in the water and seeing the sights. All I have to say is I said it once about ten years ago and I didn't listen to myself but I'll say it again "Unless I have a houseboat with A.C. I will never camp at Lake Powell again. I don't know how people do it!!! It's stinkin Hot!!!! We put the seats down in the back of the car and rolled out sleeping bags- this way we could turn on the A.C. every once in a while. I'm paranoid of Carbon Monoxide so we didn't do it often but it saved us. So we literally slept "IN A VAN DOWN BY THE WATER!!"Cute little bum shots of the kids walking down to the beach!!
We are at Navajo Bridges. I just don't have a picture of us on the bridge.

Glen Canyon Dam. There was the awesomest thunder and lightening storm that night it was really cool for about three hours and then nothing but heat!!! We sang "Swim said the Mama fish swim if you can and they swam and they swam right over the dam" about a thousand times. It was a lot of fun!!!


This was at the Moaki caves or something like that.



We spent a little time in Kanab-who knew you could have so much fun in Kanab?!!! We went to a western movie set place it was lots of fun and the kids loved it! Then we went to a water park that they have in town- it was a lot of fun. Such a spur of the moment trip and way cheap and our kids kept saying to us "Thanks Mom and Dad this is the best trip ever!" Funny how we think we have to spend money to have a good time when all our kids care about is spending time with us -they always say, "Can we do it as a family" makes me grateful that I have such an awesome family that like to do things together as a family. I hope it doesn't change as they get older. I don't think it will since Brando and I are so stinkin cool!!!:)





4 comments:

Richard and Teona said...

Looks like you had a great time, you are the best parents and have the cutest kids EVER!! I loved all the pictures of the entire blog...sorry I haven't read it for a long time! LOVes

Rose said...

Cool you are! That trip sounds fun.

don and jacki said...

hey! did you you go to rainbow bridge?

Susan said...

I remember camping with the 5th years girls campers at Lake Powell many years ago and not getting much sleep because of the heat.