Our Family

"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."
-Alma 37:6

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Brandon thinks he's sneaky!

Brandon thinks he's SO sneaky! He planned a little trip for me for my birthday-I totally had it figured out! For starters I was going to go into work and just work on the computer and he told me he didn't think it was a good idea-so I pretty much figured it out then. When he came home we were packed and ready to go:) Not really.We started out at Teasdale and headed off for the first annual ATV camping trip. We headed out on the great western trail and set up camp at Pleasant Creek(I think) It was really pretty and the kids had a chance to go fishing!
Talmage and Laine had a fun time fishing. They caught a lot of floating logs of wood! Laine was such a serious little fisherman!
Brandon totally had mad cooking skills!! All he needed was a skillet and something to cook over the fire!
The next day we started for the top of Boulder. We passed all these places on our way to Chokecherry Point. We made it too chokecherry point and it was the roughest trail I have ever been on. I'm pretty sure we won't be going on that one again! After that we made it to some other trail going back towards Teasdale but Brando's not home and I can't remember the name but it was much better!
We took a little break and stopped at a spring that was seriously like a little oasis on the dusty trail. All of us shed our shoes and played in the water for a little while before we headed back. We learned a lot for next year-but over all it was a lot of fun and we look forward to doing it again next year!

6 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

How awesome! Sounds like you all had fun! Man, you make me homesick!

Jennae said...

What a fun time! Happy Birthday, Marie! Everyone needs a barber shop experience! Alan cut all my wringlets off but one, Kelliann laid the scissors on her forehead and cut cut bang right next to her scalp! Laine, you are the cutest princess ever. I love you new hair do! Love ya all, Jennae

teona ann said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. I can't wait until we all go camping in August! Only 31 more days! :)

Jim Rowley said...

That sounds like FUN!!! Good work Brandon.

Chris and Lindsey said...

Marie quit working so hard to figure out Brandon's suprizes for you. Poor guy has to work to hard to try sneak around and do it! Good job anyways Brandon.

Delene said...

That picture of Sawyer getting in the water is so cute!!! Looks like fun. You'll have to get more 4'wheelers! You're kids are getting so big!